Recipe for a friend

The recipe
2 cups of caring
Mix it with love
sprinkle with colour
"I want to show my mum my rainbow
friendship playdough"
Mix it with fun

In this grouptime the children made a list of the qualities they feel are important in a friend. We came up of qualities which were reflected from the ideas we gathered on "what are friends for".  They feel that cheerfulness, helpfulness, kindness, generosity (sharing) are important in friendships. Using pictures we then looked at the non-examples. I asked them how it makes them feel if a friend doesn't share, if they're always grumpy, and unkind.  Some of their comments were: "It's not fun" (Orin); "I don't like it" (Tai); "That's not a good friend" (Luka).
Together we made a friendship playdough using all the qualities as the main ingredients.  They enjoyed  creating their "friend" and shared this experience with the other children.

Comments

  1. Wow, sometimes it's a lot of work to be a good friend, but well worth it! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting for me to reflect on the feelings of being a friend or experiencing non friendship and the desire and possibly need to have friendships or be friends. I think helping the children connect with the feelings they experience will be key to helping them practice the "doing" of friendship that they describe. I'll watch out for opportunities to help them build those connections in my interactions with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great post on your blog

    Call girls in London

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frienships start with a simple "Hello"

Yoga story: Lion and the Mouse

Unit of Inquiry: Friendship