Assessment: How does it make you feel when....

My friends make me feel silly when we play shark attack
assessment sheet

Francine makes me sad when she leaves.
I feel sad when my friends help me; I don't need their help.

Assessment is our way of finding out what the children learned/remembered or if they have any other comments or questions about our past activities. This is an individual assessment where the children were asked to complete each statement by telling me how they felt about specific situations. The two main ideas are: friends HELPING each other, and saying "HELLO".

As we talked about different types of feelings Orin suggested that friends are not allowed to be angry and sad. I asked why he thinks so but he wasn't sure. So I asked the other children what they think and Lysander said that sometimes he gets angry. Using our feelings board on the science table they each shared a time when a friend made them feel sad, angry, afraid or silly. This is to show that friendly relationships can involve many different emotions. 










Comments

  1. What a fantastic unit to focus on during this month with all the new faces! Alexis has been talking more lately about her feelings (sad, happy) so this aspect of the unit is very timely, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frienships start with a simple "Hello"

Yoga story: Lion and the Mouse

Unit of Inquiry: Friendship