Change

Earth group with Kathryn on MWF
Connor quietly swayed along
Sweet Damon carefully rocked the baby
Matthew gently swaying as Kessler happily looks on



Book  we read to support our conversation



Francine chose to sway the baby gently












In our first grouptime I asked the children to think about how they were like when they were babies.  My purpose was to see how well the children understand the idea of CHANGE, which is one of the Key concepts of our unit. They demonstrated how babies cry, crawl, need hugs and only drink milk. We then made a list of what they can do as 3/4 year old child: run, go on very long walks, draw pictures.
Matthew said: I used to have my green pillow when I was little but I grew.
Francine: I still drink milk but I'm not a baby. I eat food.
During our conversation the children realized that like babies, they still cry for their moms and need hugs only they are bigger, independent and more capable.
To further this concept we played the song game "Papa holds the baby" and read an Eric Carle book "From Head to Toe".
Next grouptime will focus on what it's like to be a child in the "olden days".







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frienships start with a simple "Hello"

Yoga story: Lion and the Mouse

Unit of Inquiry: Friendship